Vacancy: National Green Office Coordinator 2017-2018
Studenten voor Morgen and the Green Offices of the Netherlands are looking for a new Green Office coordinator! Are you an enthusiastic and driven student with an affinity for sustainability and communication? Are you looking for a project to do alongside your studies? In that case, we are looking for you! See below for the full vacancy and send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org June 20th at the latest!
What are Green Offices?
Green Offices are student led and staff-supported sustainability hubs that initiate, coordinate and support a transition towards sustainability at an institute of higher education. The first Green Office was founded in 2010 at Maastricht University and Green Offices have been popping up in the Netherlands, United Kingdom, Belgium, Sweden and Italy ever since then. The heart of the Green Office Movement is and remains the Netherlands, with 14 Green Offices at this moment and probably more in the make. Most Green Offices are member of Studenten voor Morgen, the national student sustainability network.
The Green Office Coordinator
To support our efforts, we are looking for an individual to coordinate and strengthen the Dutch Green Office movement. You will be part of our team helping to create a strong, healthy and nationally known Green Office Movement. We are looking for a student who has demonstrated leadership and initiative, is driven to realise results, passionate about sustainability and committed to making the world a better place. This is a challenging assignment, yet your opportunities for learning, personal development, having an impact and becoming part of a great and fun community are endless.
- Coordination of the movement
Enhance collaboration between the GOs, Studenten voor Morgen, rootAbility and other relevant organizations. Assist in the organization of the European Green Office Summit, and the Green Office Excursion. Report to rootAbility and Studenten voor Morgen on ongoing developments.
- Internal communication
Post relevant posts in the fb-page and linked-in group. Keep the contact list up to date and send regular overview e-mails. Enhance the use of the common calendar.
- Facilitation of knowledge exchange
Connect Green Offices that are working on similar topics. Organize workshops for and with the student employees on the GOs to deeper their knowledge on one of the aspects of sustainability in higher education. Gather relevant documents and guidelines for the knowledge exchange platform.
Who we are looking for
- Fluency in English. Fluency in Dutch is a plus!
- Bachelor, Master or PhD student, currently enrolled at a University or University of Applied Sciences in the Netherlands.
- Ability to show initiative and to manage projects independently.
- Drive, energy and enthusiasm.
- Interest in working at the crossing of student engagement, sustainability and education.
- Availability for ten months. Availability to participate in European Green Office Summit, November 15-18th in Utrecht.
What we can offer
- Amazing opportunities for professional working experience and personal development
- Be at the centre of the unfolding Green Office Movement
- Build and become part of an international sustainability network and community
- Deepen your understanding of sustainability
- A monthly reimbursement of 100 euros + travel costs.
Logistics and timeframe
The position is set for 10 hours a week and the Green Office Coordinator receives a volunteer compensation of 100 euros + travel costs. The position runs for 10 months, starting at the 1st of September 2017 to the 30th of June 2018. The Green Office Coordinator must be able to attend the European Green Office Summit which takes place from the 16th-19th of November 2017 in Utrecht.
The Green Office Coordinator will be a volunteer who works for Studenten voor Morgen. The coordinator’s first and direct contact with the board is the board member ‘Student Network’. The GO coordinator will be in close contact with all Green Office and rootAbility, the social enterprise working to further the GO movement.
If you would like to apply, please send us an application consisting of:
- A one-page cover letter in which you please answer two questions: Why do you want to apply for this position? What can you contribute to the Green Office Movement in the Netherlands?
- One-page CV
Please send both documents in one pdf file to email@example.com, Friday 10/06/2017 at the latest. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. For any questions about the position or the application procedure, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Studenten voor Morgen is both a national network of local student organizations, as well as a volunteer organization. We work together with students across the Netherlands to inform other students about sustainability as well as to organize projects on sustainability. Furthermore, we strive to make the higher education institutions in the Netherlands more sustainable, with a strong focus on the role of students in this process. Morgen focuses on creating a more sustainable future for our and the next generation.”