If you are an enterprising, creative, driven, focussed and internationally minded individual with a passion for the music industry, then you are the right fit for our Music Marketing and Management minor!
The programme introduces you to the business of entertainment, and specifically the multi-faceted music industry, while giving you the opportunity to speak with and learn from top (inter)national professionals from the sector.
You can also follow this minor as a part-time student. Ask the minor contact person for the possibilities.
To enter this programme, you need a foundation of introductory course(s) in Marketing Management. Further, you need to have attained English language skills at CEFR level B2.
HU’s Minor Music Marketing and Management covers most aspects of the music industry, including Music Marketing, Music Events, Music Accountancy & Rights and Music Management. The purpose of the programme is to introduce you to the music business, while giving you the opportunity to speak with and learn from top music industry professionals in a relaxed but professional classroom environment. This programme teaches you how to create an experience, how to market a music event and how to become a successful manager in the music industry.
- The student will learn to work in different project groups.
- The student masters basic and in-depth knowledge of entertainment, music marketing, communication, media and marketing tools.
- The student can apply their knowledge about music marketing in the professional practice.
- The student can present their findings, e.g. (customer) analysis and the resulting conclusions, in a professional manner.
- The student can create and present an operational (music) marketing (communication) plan.
- The student can describe their knowledge, findings and experiences in a report, whereby all requirements regarding proper reporting are met.
The programme takes place during one semester and contains the following courses:
|Music Event Marketing||5|
|Music Accountancy & Rights||5|
Please note that the programme reflects a (logical) bundle of courses/subjects and should normally be followed as such. It is not possible to combine (two or more) programmes in one single period.
An important part of the Minor Music Marketing and Management is the Project Music Marketing & Management. This project is comprehensive and complementary to the other courses that are offered in the Minor. In Project MMM, students participating in the MM & M minor are expected to implement the acquired theoretical knowledge to the professional practice.
For each course:
- Rapport: 80%
- Pitch/presentation: 20%
- The final report of the project case (group work): 50% of the final grade
- Individual Report (POP): 50% of the final grade
The following literature will be discussed during the minor. You will receive a definite reading list before the start of the minor. All you need to know about the Music Business
Music Law in the Digital Age
Events Management: Bowdin, G., J. Allen, W. O’Toole, R. Harris and I. McDonnell, 3rd edition
This minor programme takes place in both autumn and spring. The timetable and the teaching days are not yet known.