The application and enrolment procedure for a HU minor course differs for HU students and KOM students. For the procedure for KOM-students, click on the link on the left side of this page.
HU students who want to enrol for a HU minor course in 2021-2022 take the steps below.
The exam board from HU decide before your application and enrolment for a minor, which minors are and are not allowed. You can not enrol in Osiris for minors which are not allowed by the exam board. By receiving the confirmation e-mail as of 8 April, you are allowed to participate in the minor where you are drawn for.
Attention! There are two exceptions:
- Students Integrale Veiligheidskunde (IVK) always have to apply for approval by their exam board. Therefore, on their study progress survey they can see under ‘profileringsruimte’ the status ‘in treatment’.
- Students Ondernemerschap en Retail Management (ORM) from cohort 2017 and earlier also have to apply for approval by their exam board AND mentor. The mentor ensures, among other things, that the content has a college level and that there is no overlap with the ORM curriculum.
The not allowed minor courses for academic year 2021-2022 are now published. Click on the button below to check if there are minor courses not allowed for you.
To apply, enter three minor course preferences in Osiris between 12 March 00.00 hrs and 19 March 2021 23.59 hrs – if you would like to take a minor course in the 2021-2022 academic year, that is. This applies for all the minor courses, whether they are taught in period AB, CD or run continuously.
It doesn’t matter if you enter your preferences in Osiris on 12 March or 19 March (or a moment in between). But there will be looked at what your first, second and third choice is. Make sure that your first preference is the minor that you prefer the most. HU policy is to place as many students as possible in the course of their first preference. We managed to do so for almost 95% of the applications for 2020-2021. By the way, applying for just one minor course will not increase your chances of a place in that course.
After entering your preferences, they are visible in Osiris under ‘Enrol’. Here is an instruction to check if your preferences are registered correctly. If you can’t see them, the enrolment has failed and you can try again up to and including 19 March.
As of 8 April you’ll be informed about for which minor you are enrolled.
Do you want to participate in a minor outside HU?
Please check this page for the enrolment procedure.
We will draw lots. You will receive an email with the title of the minor course to which you have been admitted on 8 April. Your enrolment in this minor course will then also be visible in Osiris, in the ‘Summary of enrolments’ tab.
Did you choose a minor course to be taught in period CD? There is a small risk of the minor course being cancelled due to a low number of applications. If so, you will receive an email in the first week of July. This mail will include information about the steps that you will then have to take to register for one of the other minor courses instead. You will be supported by HU in all this.
Haven’t you participated in the application round in March (where you could enther three minor courses in Osiris)?
As of 12 April up to and including 25 June 2021, you can log onto Osiris to enrol directly into a minor course taught in period AB or running continuously. The enrolment for the minor courses taught in period CD will close on 5 November. Please note: as of now it is only possible to enrol for one minor at a time. If you want to adjust your enrolment to another minor, you have to de-enrol for the minor you don’t want to participate in first. After that, you can enrol for the minor of your choice.
Please be aware, though, that your options will be limited, especially after 12 April; your preferred minor course may be fully booked by then.
Do you want to enrol after the deadline?
Take the following steps to arrange your enrolment:
- Ask the minor contact person for permission. Send her/him an email in which you motivate why you want to participate in the minor course. You can find the name and emailadres from the minor contact person at the minor information page on this site under HU Minor courses.
- Do you get permission (or do you already have this)? Send an email to email@example.com. Include the following information in the email: your name, your student number and minor course title of your choice. Also don’t forget to include the mail with permission from the minor contact person. Without this, you will not be enrolled!
- The study progress department (Studievoortgang) will enrol you in the minor course. You can see your enrolment after a while in your study progress survey in Osiris. If you are not enrolled, you are not secured of a spot!
Won’t you be able to take the minor course after all, due to unforeseen circumstances? In that case, cancel your enrolment in Osiris. The deadline for period AB is 25 June 2021. For period CD, you can cancel your enrolment up to and including 5 november 2021.
Is it not possible anymore to cancel your enrolment in Osiris?
Take the following steps to cancel your enrolment:
- Send the minor contact person an email in which you motivate why you don’t want to participate in the minor course. You can find the name and emailadres from the minor contact person at the minor information page on this site under HU Minor courses.
- To complete your cancellation, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the following information in the email: your name, your student number and the title of the minor course you want to cancel. The study progress department (Studievoortgang) will then cancel your enrolment. You can see this after a while in your student progress survey in Osiris.
If on second thoughts, you aren’t happy with your choice of minor course, you can modify your enrolment until 25 June for period AB and continuously running courses, and until 5 November for courses taught in period CD. First, cancel your current enrolment and then enrol in another minor course. But please note: it may be that minor course that you would rather take instead will not have any places available anymore by then!
Do you want to switch between minor courses after the deadline?
Switching minor courses is only possible up to and including the first week of education after the start of the minor course. Take the following steps:
- Ask the minor contact person from the minor you want to switch to for permission. Send her/him an email in which you motivate why you want to participate in the minor course, and ask them if they want to give your permission per email. You can find the name and emailadres from the minor contact person on the minor information page at this site under HU Minor courses.
- Do you get permission (or do you already have this)? Send an email to email@example.com. Include the following information in the email: your name, your student number and the titles of the minor courses you want to switch between. Also don’t forget to include the email with permission from the minor contact person. Without this, you will not be enrolled!
- The study progress department (Studievoortgang) will enrol you in the new minor course of your choice, and disenrol you from the minor course you don’t want to particpate in anymore. You can see your enrolment after a while in your study progress survey in Osiris. If you are not enrolled, you are not secured of a spot.
- Send an email to the minor contact person from the minor course you are disenrolled for that you will not participate and why.
When you are enrolled for a minor for the academic year 2020-2021 in Osiris, then you are also enrolled for the courses and first exam opportunities of the courses that belong to the minor. Do you need a resit in academic year 2020-2021? Then you have to enrol for the resit yourself in Osiris.
Haven’t you achieved all the ECTS for the minor in academic year 2020-2021?
Then you have two new exam opportunities in academic year 2021-2022 to complete the minor. Don’t forget to enrol yourself for a resit in Osiris.
More information about (de)enrolment for exams you can find in Ask HU.