I am a student from another educational institution (KOM student)

The HU minors available for students from other higher educational institutes (hereafter mentioned as KOM-students) in academic year 2024-2025 are visible from 1 February 2024 at www.kiesopmaat.nl. The minors are also searchable on this site.

Please note: not all HU minors are offered via Kies Op Maat. Also, not all educational institutes are affiliated with Kies op Maat. Different enrolment/admission rules apply if you are a student at such a non-KOM institute and want to follow a minor at HU. Send an email to komminors@hu.nl and you will receive further information.

If your educational institute is affiliated with Kies op Maat, watch the video below and follow the steps under the Enrolment heading to complete your enrolment for the 2024-2025 academic year.


You can enroll for the HU minors from 15 March 2024 via www.kiesopmaat.nl. This means that you can download a learning agreement (unless the minor is full). After signing by yourself and your examination board, you submit it to Hogeschool Utrecht. Below you can see the steps that the KOM student takes in more detail.

Step 1: Download the learning agreement via Kies op Maat

You can download the learning agreement from 15 March 2024 for the minor of your preference via www.kiesopmaat.nl. Fill in the learning agreement and ask the exam board of your study programme to sign and stamp it. Also sign the learning agreement yourself. Check if all details have been entered and make a PDF of the learning agreement.

  • Deadline for downloading the learning agreement for minors period AB (September – February): up to and including 14 June 2024.
  • Deadline for downloading the learning agreement for minors period CD (February– September): up to and including 22 November 2024.

Step 2: Register for a minor at HU via Studielink

Log in to Studielink. Go to Study Programmes tab and click Add new enrolment application and choose Hogeschool Utrecht at the institution. After you enter the keyword “Minor” or “KOM”, a list of HU’s KOM minors will appear. Click on the minor for which you want to apply, answer the questions and register.

After registering in Studielink, you will receive two emails: one confirming your registration at HU and immediately afterwards an email containing the login codes for and the link to Osiris Application from HU. If you do not receive the second e-mail, check your spam first and otherwise send an e-mail to komminors@hu.nl.

Step 3: Upload Learning Agreement in Osiris Application

Log in to Osiris Application from HU. Answer the questions, upload your learning agreement and send the application. Only then can we process it. The registrations are processed in order of receipt (first come, first served).

  • Deadline for uploading the learning agreement for the AB period: up to and including 28 June 2024.
  • Deadline for uploading the learning agreement for the CD period: up to and including 6 December 2024.

A submitted learning agreement does not mean you are automatically entitled to a spot on the minor. You will receive an email about the progress of your application within ten business days (holidays and mandatory off days excluded*). If the minor course has an intake, the lecturer of the minor course will contact you. Each minor has a maximum number of participants per period. If there is no place left in the minor, you will receive a message.

*Holidays and mandatory off days:
Friday 29 March 2024 (Good Friday)
Monday 1 April 2024 (Easter Monday)
Thursday 9 May 2024 (Ascension Day)
Monday 20 May 2024 (Whit Monday)

Step 4: Deliver the Proof of Paid Tuition Fees (BBC) 2024-2025

The Proof of Paid Tuition Fees (PPTF, in Dutch known as BBC) is a digital proof on which the college or university where you study confirms that you pay the tuition fees there. HU needs your PPTF so that you can follow education and participate in tests. This also prevents you from paying tuition fees twice.

You apply for a Proof of Paid Tuition Fees for the 2024-2025 academic year after HU has signed your learning agreement. If there is space in the minor, HU will sign your learning agreement. You will then receive an email with information about the steps you need to take in Studielink to apply for the PPTF. You only need to request the PPTF, your home institution will take care of the delivery.

After processing your PPTF, you will receive an email confirming that your registration with HU has been completed. Your registration at HU must be completed before 1 September, or before 1 February if you start in February, in order to participate in minor education and tests.

Step 5: Activate HU email account

You will receive a message at your Studielink email address with the request to activate your HU account. This message will be sent from the beginning of June if you start your minor in September and from the beginning of November if you start in February. This gives you access to all HU facilities. After activation, keep a close eye on your HU student email address. You will receive information about your student card and the start and preparation for the classes.

Start of your minor

Not all minors use the myHU app. Most minor contact persons inform their students about the (start of the) minor by email and on the platform CANVAS. If your minor programme does have a specific myHU page you’ll be able to find it by clicking on the following buttons: more > my profile > preferences, and then selecting the minor using the search function. If you aren’t able to find your minor you can select the study programme that organized your minor instead. If you’re not sure which study programme organized your minor you can look it up on the following page by clicking on your minor and checking the details on the right t side of the page.

Student card

You can find your student card in myHU by clicking on more > my profile > student card.

Other information

Below you will find information about registration for courses and tests and some links to the most important digital systems of the HU.

Do you have another question? Please contact the minor contact person.


Schedules (class and test schedules) are placed on the Mijn Rooster website within four weeks before the start of each education period, except for period A (three weeks). To view your schedule, you need the code of your group. Log in to Osiris to see which group you have been assigned to. You will find these in the menu under the My data button and then click on Groups. You will see your group when your HU registration is complete.

Then log in to Mijn Rooster and add your group code via the Add timetable button (on the right) via the group/class option. Your schedule should then appear four weeks (or three, in the case of period A) before the start of the lessons. Check your class schedule for schedule changes just before the start of your courses.

Enrolment for a test

As a ‘KOM student’ you are registered for all your courses and for all the first test opportunities. For each course you have two test opportunities per academic year. If you have to resit a test (because you missed or failed the first test), it is your responsibility to register for it. We advise you to register  for all your resits at the beginning of your minor so you don’t miss any deadline’s for registering for exams. You can find instructions for how to do so here. If you pass  the first test you will be automatically de-registered from the re-sit. Here you can  find  an overview of the regulations for participating in tests, such as bringing valid identification with you. You can find your personal test schedule in OSIRIS

Extra test opportunity

In the HU Teaching and Examination Regulations you can read which conditions you must meet in order to be eligible for an extra test opportunity. It is important that a dean supports your request. You can make an appointment with one of the HU deans via this link . Please note: if you want an extra opportunity because, for example, you have experienced delays in public transport, this will not be done through the dean but directly through your examination board.

You can apply for the extra test opportunity via the Examination Board of the Institute of your minor. Via HUKAS you can submit a substantiated request for an extra test opportunity to your exam board. To do so you need toknow which Institute and which study program to choose when filling in your request. This information can be found at www.minors.hu.nl on the page of the minor you are doing. Click on HU Minor courses and search for your minor. You will find the information you need on the minor page on the right.

Extra time and provisions for during tests

In certain cases the Examination Board of your minor can grant you extra time or exemptions from certain exam regulations. You can submit a request  to the Examination Board together with the dean. The dean will ask you to provide evidence to support your request. In consultation with the dean you can  submit a request to the Examination Board. You will receive a decision from the Examination Board whether the provisions  have been granted  (in whole or in part). The Examination Board will determine the duration of the provision. It is important that a dean supports your request. You can make an appointment with a dean by emailing to decanaat@hu.nl

HU Wegwijs

HU Wegwijs shows you the way during your studies. You can find all information necessary during your studies, at this platform.


At the HU we use the digital course management system Canvas. It allows professors to post grades, information, and assignments online. Within Canvas you will find study guides and options for sharing information (feedback and peer feedback). You can log in to Canvas with your HU account via this link.


Gradework is a platform students use  for submitting assignments such as videos and PDFs. Teachers can assess  work students have   uploaded. This is called the Digital Submit and Assessment Box (DIBB). You can log in with your HU account here. You log in via the blue SURF button.


Do you not want to participate in a HU minor course after all? Then disenrol in Studielink and within the Kies op Maat environment (cancel the learning agreement in My KOM).

Re-enrolment academic year 2024-2025

If you  are not  able to complete your minor before the 1st of September 2024, you can take two steps to be able to resit one or more tests in the academic year 2024-2025 (this can also be a report or presentation). It is not necessary to send another learning agreement.

You take two steps before the 31th of August 2024:

Step 1: Re-enrol in Studielink and apply for a Proof of Paid Tuition Fees (BBC) 2024-2025.

  • Click on the re-enrolment button for the minor course in Studielink and go through the steps.
  • Request a Proof of Paid Tuition Fees (BBC) for the academic year 2024-2025. Select payment via Proof of Paid Tuition Fees (BBC) in Studielink as your method of payment. If you can’t see the payment method ‘Proof of paid tuition fees’ in Studielink, you need to request your BBC at your home institution. In your request, please mention you need a BBC to resit one or more tests in the academic year 2024-2025 at HU to complete your minor. Your home institution make sure HU receives your Proof of Paid Tuition Fees. This will grant you a tuition fee exemption.

Step 2: Register for one or more tests

  • The test registration for Block A is open from 1st of July till the 30th of September. You can find an explanation about registering for tests here.
  • Register for the test with the “old” course / test code (the code under which you followed the relevant course).
  • If you can not find a solution, you can contact the minor coordinator to find out when the tests are and / or which course / test code to register.

NB. Are you considering resiting in a later academic year or have you taken one or more academic years off and do you still need to resit one or more tests? Then it is possible that the test you want to register for is no longer offered because the course and test have changed. You will only be given the opportunity to take the test on the basis of the old education (at least twice) in the year following the year in which you took the minor. If you do not complete the minor in the following academic year, first inquire with the coordinator of the minor whether the test(s) have been changed. If that is the case, you can discuss the possibilities with the minor coordinator to complete the course(s). The Examination Board must give permission for these options.

Register study results at home institution

After all your study results are registered in Osiris, your minor course certificate will be sent to your home address within five weeks. You can deliver a stamped copy of your certificate to your home institution, so they can process your results.

If you can’t wait too long for your certificate because you want to graduate this academic year, please send an email to studievoortgang@hu.nl and request if they want to send a stamped student progress survey with your minor course results per email to your exam board. Don’t forget to mention their email address. HU will make sure that your exam board will receive your results, so they can be processed.

Switch to English Nederlands