“In a twenty week period produce, distribute and sell your own 20 minute journalistic documentary!” That’s the basis of “CampusDoc”, a course in collaboration with various international partners including the Cork Institute of Technology CIT and Manchester Metropolitan University MMU. In the course there will be a study trip.
The minor consists of four stages:
1. pre production (preparation-research-script development;
2. production (filming & editing your documentary);
3. postproduction (color grading, sound design, artwork + trailer 1’00”);
4. distributionplan (crowdfunding, e-commerce-global market filmfestivals).
The plan-based pitch is selective; not everyone who registers will be automatically admitted to the minor. Students must be prepared to pitch their story in April.
The following is required:
- A written plan for a documentary that you can pitch orally. The plan must meet the following criteria:
– social relevance;
– evolution (the story must evolve).
- A video showreel of 1 minute at absolute maximum, via a YouTube link.
- CV and cover letter.
- Preferably, registration with a partner; the documentaries will be made in duos.